Ruby Blooms

Monday, August 26, 2013

My Kitchen Monday:Lentil Dal Soup

After missing my Mexican Food Mondays here and there, I've decided to share new recipes that I use in my kitchen during the week. Usually those times where I have missed a post I did try a new recipe but I was not able to post because it was not Mexican food. It was a New Year's resolution for me to become a better cook and make a new recipe each week. The problem is I do not make a new Mexican Recipe each week so my "Mexican Food Monday" posts are just not working for my cooking schedule!
My husband and I have really been spoiled trying a lot of new tasty food varieties from all over the world and so I try to bring in some of those yummy food finds in my own kitchen...or something similar. I am not looking to make this blog into a food blog, but this "new recipe per week" has really helped me with my cooking skills. I enjoy making a nice dinner for my husband and trying new foods but I think I am a better baker than I am a cook. I really struggle with making meat not overcooked so as I work on this goal I am going to share my cooking experiences by posting one new recipe that I've tried on Mondays.
So for my first post of "My Kitchen Monday" was inspired by a soup that we had at an Indian food restaurant. As I understand Lentil Dal Soup is a common soup made in India. I never remember having lentils as a child but I decided to try making a simple lentil soup after I got married and found that I like lentils. I searched on the internet for an Indian Lentil Soup and while it may be a common soup in India I saw that many people make it differently which effects the flavor of the soup. This soup didn't taste like the one in the restaurant but is still a recipe I would repeat. You can check out this recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment