Ruby Blooms

Monday, December 30, 2013

My Late Christmas Post and a My Kitchen Monday Combo

I hope you all had a wonderful CHRISTmas celebrating Christ's birth and enjoying God's wonderful blessings. This year as I have said before we were home and did not do any family travels. I made a dinner on Christmas Eve for just the two of us, Top Sirloin Steak (since I am getting so good at it :P), mashed potatoes and veggies. We watched Christmas movies during the day and added a trip to the gym together in the morning. On Christmas day we went to a Dim Sum restaurant for lunch with church friends and dinner at a friends house. Dim Sum for the first time was interesting...many interesting dishes that I have no idea what they are until they told me what it was. I am not sure if it would be something I would want to do all the time but it was a nice first experience (For those who don't know Dim Sum is kind of like Chinese tapas, most dishes are like dumplings, rice dough balls with egg filling, things made out of rice like big rice noodles filled with shrimp, etc.) I mostly ate what I could tell what it was and some veggies ☺ For the dinner I made a delisious fresh raspberry pie to take to the potluck and that is what I am sharing with you today.  This year was pretty "chill." We did a lot of relaxing and enjoying our days off. I believe I may be getting a piano for Christmas... just need to do some more shopping around for a good price and good quality of sound (if you have any suggestions on piano buying let me know!). I am so excited to someday soon get a piano and I can start taking some lessons again!
We don't have any for sure plans on what we are doing for New Years.

Raspberry Pie
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fresh-raspberry-pie-5

No comments:

Post a Comment