Ruby Blooms

Monday, September 16, 2013

My Kitchen Monday: Pumpkin Pancakes

It is Monday again which means it's time to post a new recipe! I should be posting something Mexican since today is their Independence Day! I think it's common to have pozole, tamales, chile nogadas, or chile relleno? I have made pozole from a Pati's Mexican Table recipe in the past but I didn't think about making it until this morning. Instead I made a nice brunch on Saturday morning to help get us ready for fall. I like making a nice breakfast for us on Saturday mornings because it is the only day I don't have to wake up early and rush around to get ready for work or church. I made Pumpkin Pancakes! I was really excited to make these pancakes but I was a little disappointed with the recipe (I got the recipe here). The taste of the pancakes were amazing, but it was difficult to not have the middle uncooked because of the pumpkin puree. They also were not very fluffy and I like a fluffy pancake. I did not make the maple whipped cream, I just served them with syrup and pecans.  I halved the recipe and still had too many left over, I think I ended up making 13 mini pancakes! I think I am going to keep trying to find a good, fluffy, pumpkin pancake recipe for this upcoming fall season, but overall the flavor of the pancakes were very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment