Today I have some bad and also exciting news. To start with the exciting, I had an interview at a bilingual private school today. I think it went fairly well but I always think back of all the answers I should have worded differently or how I should have thought of more questions for me to practice in my head. It never fails, I always practice a few common questions but they always seem to choose ones I haven't thought too much about and I get nervous and blank out. So I am really hoping this job is in God's plan, that I impressed my interviewers enough for them to offer the job, and I that I can move out of the position I am at right now. The bad news is that my source of transportation, BART, is on strike and will probably cause me some trouble throughout the week. Look up BART strike if you want to see what's going on around here. CRAZY!
Yesterday afternoon I was walking to meet up with my husband to watch him play soccer and found a Mexican market across the street. I started to think about what I should make for today and stumbled upon these dried flowers to make the very common drink that I love "Agua de Jamaica." I love Jamaica flavor so I thought I should try this week making it. I am going to again use the recipe from Pati's Mexican Table. We'll see how I like the recipe because I haven't actually made the drink yet. http://www.patismexicantable.com/2011/05/jamaica_water/Oh and by the way I finally got Pati's cookbook in the mail so more recipes I hope from her :)
We actually had her creamy shrimp again tonight and chipotle mashed sweet potatoes for dinner! I am glad so far my Mexican Mondays have worked out, except as I mentioned before we were going to try Rockfish last week and that was not a good choice...I won't probably buy rockfish again, Too Fishy! But, that was not Pati's fault, this was just an experiment to try to like fish so I can make seafood dishes for my seafood loving hubby.
Hope you guys have a great week ahead! I am visiting back home for a short visit the end of this week to celebrate my Mom's birthday. As a bonus it will be July 4th and I get to see some family that I haven't seen for 3 years. I'm also pretty excited to spend a few days with my immediate family who I miss. I'm just sad my husband couldn't take time off to go with me. :(

Have a great time back with the fam!!
ReplyDelete