I've been wanting to learn how to make more Mexican food, not only for my husband but also to learn more about the cuisine and to spice up my regular meals up a bit during the week. I tend to make a lot of the same meals with an occasional new recipe but I don't try new dishes weekly. I would like to have a goal to make something new once a week. So I decided to start this week with "Pumpkin and Ancho Chile Mole"
(
http://www.patismexicantable.com/2011/10/pumpkin_and_ancho_chile_mole/) and to have an appetizer of pumpkin flower quesadillas (
http://www.mexicoinmykitchen.com/2012/06/squash-blossoms-quesadillasquesadillas.html) I only changed a few things from each recipe. In the chicken recipe I didn't have dried ancho chile in the market I went to but they did have ancho chile powder. I used 3T per chile in recipe then I sprinkle maybe about 1/2 tsp more later on. We both really enjoyed this meal so I think this recipe will be repeated again in the future. It makes quite a bit of sauce for just the 2 of us so we will have sauce for a few days to but on our chicken for lunch or dinner. The other change was I didn't make my own tortillas as they do on the website and I did not have Oaxaca cheese as the recipe asks for. I asked my husband if they tasted like they should and he said that they were pretty good but they didn't have the true flavor of what they usually taste like because I used a different cheese. (I used mozzarella cheese because that is what I already had in my fridge.) Overall, I think last night's meal was a success, and you get a glimpse of one of the plates my husband bought me in Mexico.
 |
| End product! |
 |
| Chile powder used rather than dried chile |
 |
| a few blossoms |
 |
| inside of the quesadilla |
No comments:
Post a Comment