Ruby Blooms

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

New trend

Lately I have been seeing a new fashion trend that I think I would like to try. I see more and more girls wear a maxi or midi skirts/dresses. I do have 2 maxi dresses but I have not bought any midi skirts yet for spring. I think they look vintage and very feminine but I'm worried they will make me look old haha. I saw a girl at church a few Sundays ago and thought it looked so cute and trendy. I have always had a hard time finding a skirt that is long enough since I am so tall. It seems that skirts are usually made for shorter women so when I try them on they are always a bit too short. I've been wanting more dresses and skirts because I like the way they make me look and feel...so girly. So, I started looking online and found a 1960s pattern for midi skirts. I think I could also make them to be an above the knee skirt. I have not sewn something like this since I was in 4-H in elementary or middle school but I think I can do it! So hopefully you will see a future post of a cute midi skirt in the next few months. I also really need curtains in our home, especially in the living room so hopefully I will get out that sewing machine and work on some projects!
(Photos from google images)









3 comments: