Ruby Blooms

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Plant killer

So my husband always says that I am a plant killer. The first night we bought a plant together was when we got married but it later maybe a few months in...died. According to him it was because I didn't water the plant...which probably is true. Once we moved, we decided it wasn't worth traveling with because it probably wouldn't make it. Once we moved into our 2nd apartment here I decided it needed to look a bit more homey. So, I bought 3 plants, one to hang in the kitchen (which still sets next to the sink since we haven't hung it yet), a little bamboo plant (which I thought was perfect cuz the lady said it is super hard to kill this plant!) and a bigger leafed plant for our living room. I continue to water it like the lady said. My husband didn't like where I put it so he put it outside. It started to wilt immediately because it is an indoor plant and it is winter! You can't put an indoor plant outside in the middle of winter! I moved it back inside and while we were gone in Mexico some of the leaves were super brown. My husband again went on to tell me how we shouldn't buy plants because i always kill them haha! But, I water them once a week exactly how the lady said so now the leaves are light green and spotted rather than dark green and they're starting to look brown on the edges. I clipped off the dried brown leaves so it doesn't look as bad now. Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep my plant alive???

No comments:

Post a Comment