Ruby Blooms

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Apartment Hunting!

Wow, again it has been awhile since I have post anything on here. It has been pretty stressful, we are apartment hunting. We have to be out of our apartment by the 10th so we are in a rush to find something we like. We have had a bit of a hard time finding something in Berkeley. Many of the apartments are overpriced and not well kept in Berkeley, I am guessing because of UC Berkeley being so close. I went and saw some apartments that were about the same price that we pay now but about 5x worse and then some that have extremely small bedrooms that would not fit a double size bed with some reason a big kitchens or some with really small kitchens. The good thing is since some of the apartments are older a lot of them have hardwood floors which is nice since most of the apartments with carpet needed the carpet replaced! We have one apartment here in Berkeley that a friend showed us that we may be interested in but we are just checking all our other options because since the lease is for one year we want to make sure we have seen all the apartments possible. We also checked in San Francisco since Antonio wants to live there sooooo bad in the Marina. We actually did find a few that were not as expensive as we thought they would be but it is so hard to get an apartment there since there are so many applying for the same apartment! But we will see what apartment God provides us. We did procrastinate and that is why we are in such a rush now. I kind of had a mini meltdown on Sunday since I felt like we were not going to find something in time and we would have to be out of our current apartment with no place to put our stuff but I am feeling pretty calm now and we are planning to have something set up by Friday or Saturday. We have 3 apartments to see today and 1-2 tomorrow and hopefully that is it!!!! So I am hoping the next pictures you see will be of our new apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment