Ruby Blooms

Monday, November 25, 2013

My Kitchen Monday: Marinated Top Sirloin

Finally!!! Thanks to my friend Jenny's marinade recipe and the nice guy at my butcher shop for taking a little extra time to tenderize my sirloin steak, I've finally met my goal of making a tender, medium cooked steak. I could hardly wait for my husband to come home and try it. He asked "Where did you get it?" (As if i bought it from a store), what?!?! LOL! I looked at him and said "No! I made it myself!!!" I think he was a little surprised because recently my steak attempts have not been this tender, I usually don't cut it into thin slices, and the flavor was different since I marinaded it. Both of us were amazed how tender it was even after rewarming for leftovers. So I think I've figured out 4 important rules to do to get a good steak:
1. Tenderize your meat! They used a handheld tool that I think I should get for my kitchen because it looks so easy and quick to tenderize your beef, especially since I don't buy my meat every time from that market. You can find a similar tool that they used here.
2. Marinade your meat for at least 20 min if not longer
3. Don't over cook the meat (I seared mine first then put it in the oven to finish) checking it often. 
4. I read that it makes your meat more tender if you cut it against the grain, so I tried that too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment